Sync Plugin General Discussion

• Total Posts: 85

Support

Joe wrote:
Another question:
3. When I manually add a Product with a picture via the NOP admin, NOP automatically saves resized versions of that Picture into the ‘images/thumbs’ folder in my site files.

If we import product images using the Sync Plugin will the resized still be generated?
It's not necessary to generate thumbs during imports.
nopCommerce generates a thumb when you open an image(not when you manually add it).
But we added "Generate thumbs" checkbox to our picture converter. This checkbox slows down imports a bit(because we generate thumbs during the import) but speeds up the opening page.

• Total Posts: 2

Byron

I try to install only DevPartner.Sync_4.2_2.3 but did not get on system->sync menu

Support

Byron wrote:
I try to install only DevPartner.Sync_4.2_2.3 but did not get on system->sync menu
As we mentioned in our Release notes:
"Please note that we didn't update UI mapping for nop4.x.
We moved plugin settings from DB to JSON configuration and didn't update this part of the plugin on purpose.
Usually import configurations do developers. As developers, they want to use copy-paste for import tasks. It's quicker for configuration and better for the deployment process. "
If you need this plugin with UI, then the lead time for your order will be bigger.
We moved those settings to DevPartner.Sync\pluginsettings.json.  

• Total Posts: 2

Byron

Thank you, we are doing right now imports from external DB.

Just to be sure how I do the export from NopCommerce DB to external DB, an example will be great.

Support

Byron wrote:
Just to be sure how I do the export from NopCommerce DB to external DB, an example will be great.
Do you need an example of data import from nopCommerce DB to external DB? We don't do it. We just added the ability to send information about new orders/customers to external ERP by using a connector.

\Source\Nop4.1_Example\DevPartner.Nop.Plugin.Sync.FrigatERP\ folder folder contains a plugin which sends information about new orders to External ERP and  based on our Sync plugin
please check FrigatERPConsumerService to get more details.