Sync Plugin General Discussion

• Total Posts: 85

Support

Here you can discuss plug-in operation.

• Total Posts: 5

Joe

Thanks for your reply.

Our project is to create a multi-store B2C NopCommerce (4.2) website.

Our client already has all the products, categories, etc. in another (non-NopCommerce) database.

We need the sync / automatically import the data from this to the NopCommerce website.

My understanding is that if we create import files these can be mapped to our NopCommerce database and automatically imported using your ‘Sync Plugin’.

Is this correct?

Also, is your plugin compatible with multi-store?

Joe

Is there a trial version of your Sync Plugin that I can test with before purchasing?

Support

No. We don’t have trial version, but if you share information about your project we will be able to help you with implementation your requirements based on our plugin.

Support

Thank you for the quick response.

Joe wrote:
Our client already has all the products, categories, etc. in another (non-NopCommerce) database.
Is it MS Sql database?
Do you need a requiring import?

Joe wrote:
We need the sync / automatically import the data from this to the NopCommerce website.
My understanding is that if we create import files these can be mapped to our NopCommerce database and automatically imported using your ‘Sync Plugin’.
Is this correct?
Yes, but probably it will require changing mapping configuration for your case.

Joe wrote:
Also, is your plugin compatible with multi-store?
Most of the nop entities has StoreId att, so you can use this att in your import.

Joe

Support wrote:
Is it MS Sql database?
We will create the import files ourselves stored on a local file system or remote URL.
Does Sync Plugin support importing CSV files?
No new entities. The import files will have the same column names as the NopCommerce database column names.

Support wrote:
Do you need a requiring import?
We require to auto-import the import files once a day.
Note: there are over 6000 products in the product table. How long do you estimate it would take to import this using Sync plugin?

Support

Joe wrote:
Is it MS Sql database?We will create the import files ourselves stored on a local file system or remote URL.
Does Sync Plugin support importing CSV files?
Yes. Sync plugin supports import from CSV format.

Joe wrote:
No new entities. The import files will have the same column names as the NopCommerce database column names.
It's really not necessary to have the same column names.
Also, I suppose we can create DataSource for your DB(if needed). By the way, you can do it by yourself based on this tutorial.
For example,  ODBC or any other.

Joe wrote:
Note: there are over 6000 products in the product table. How long do you estimate it would take to import this using Sync plugin?
We did some performance tests:
12/8/2018 10:26:18 AM - Product import
13016 items: 00:00:55.7243669
So it should be about 1 second for each table.

Joe

I have a few more questions regarding the ‘Sync Plugin’.

1. If for example I have a Product already in my Nop database and the SKU field = “a123” and the Price field = “100” and the ShortDescription field = “This a short description”
1.1. If we create a Product import CSV file that has a Product with the same SKU (“a123”) but a different Price (“250”) when we import using the Sync Plugin will the original product Price be updated?
1.2. If we create another Product import CSV file that has a Product with the same SKU (“a123”) but the ShortDescription field is removed from the CSV file when we import using the Sync Plugin will the original product ShortDescription be removed or will it remain?

2. All the product images I want to use are stored on a AWS virtual server. My Nop site is hosted on a different server. Is it possible to sync these using the Sync plugin? For example if a new image is added or updated on the other server is it possible sync this to my Nop site?

Support

Joe wrote:
1. If for example I have a Product already in my Nop database and the SKU field = “a123” and the Price field = “100” and the ShortDescription field = “This a short description”
1.1. If we create a Product import CSV file that has a Product with the same SKU (“a123”) but a different Price (“250”) when we import using the Sync Plugin will the original product Price be updated?

Yes, but you/we can change it according to your needs. We will need to customize the product.sql import script if needed.

Joe wrote:
1.2. If we create another Product import CSV file that has a Product with the same SKU (“a123”) but the ShortDescription field is removed from the CSV file when we import using the Sync Plugin will the original product ShortDescription be removed or will it remain?
We have 2 options here:
1. Use different import scripts files for different csv files.
2. Use one script for both files. Insert products from both files(if needed). Update prices and don't update ShortDescription.

Joe wrote:
2. All the product images I want to use are stored on a AWS virtual server. My Nop site is hosted on a different server. Is it possible to sync these using the Sync plugin? For example if a new image is added or updated on the other server is it possible sync this to my Nop site?
Yes, we can do it, but probably we will need to change something here according to your needs. What does it mean "picture can be updated"?
1. Picture will have a new URL - it's perfect option for synchronization.
2. Picture will have the same URL but different size?  - it's not good for sync
3. Picture will have the same URL and the same size but different hash? - Also, this option is not good for sync

Joe

Support wrote:
Yes, but you/we can change it according to your needs. We will need to customize the product.sql import script if needed.
Great

Support wrote:
We have 2 options here:
1. Use different import scripts files for different csv files.
2. Use one script for both files. Insert products from both files(if needed). Update prices and don't update ShortDescription.
Great, we will need just one script for product imports with some fields (e.g. ShortDescription) not to be overwritten.

Support wrote:
Yes, we can do it, but probably we will need to change something here according to your needs. What does it mean "picture can be updated"?
1. Picture will have a new URL - it's perfect option for synchronization.
2. Picture will have the same URL but different size?  - it's not good for sync
3. Picture will have the same URL and the same size but different hash? - Also, this option is not good for sync
Okay thanks for pointing this out. All the above options may be possible.

Another question:
3. When I manually add a Product with a picture via the NOP admin, NOP automatically saves resized versions of that Picture into the ‘images/thumbs’ folder in my site files.

If we import product images using the Sync Plugin will the resized still be generated?